Thank you for visiting. It is my ardent hope that you found something that you can put to use in your community and/or practice, or perhaps that you’re interested in exploring further with me.
This website is always under construction and despite my best efforts still only contains a fraction of the work that I do as part of my daily making-and-being in the world. If you are interested in engaging with any of these projects, it is probably possible. I will respond to queries as soon as I am able.
- BOOKINGS: you can use the contact form below or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you’re interested in booking me for a performance, as a guest speaker, to facilitate a workshop or training, or for one-on-one or organizational coaching / consultancy, as well as to hire me as a celebrant/officiant for your ritual/event (more on those below). Rates are always determined on a case by case basis according to audience/participant/client’s access to resources, and I’d be happy to provide details upon request.
- CONSULTING / COACHING: I offer sessions and programs for both individuals and organizations seeking guidance and/or strategic coaching; topics and approaches can range from the general “life-coaching” perspective to more specific guidance and strategic visioning for creative practitioners and professionals, educators, and arts administrators. Our work together can involve synchronous sessions and guided practice, prompts and writing, as well as somatic and mindfulness elements, but can also involve the brass-tacks of thinking through and strategizing / creating systems for your practice or your organization’s future and working with you around your relationship to technology and media, language, privilege, access, horizontal and commons strategy, and much more. Each relationship is different and I’m eager to speak further with you about the work we can do together.
- CELEBRANT / OFFICIANT / RITUAL DESIGN AND PLANNING SERVICES: One of the things that brings me the greatest joy is to assist others in developing and participating in new and meaningful rituals. Whether you are interested in planning a wedding or commitment ceremony, birth or blessing-ways, grief rituals, or other ceremonial occasions to mark transitions or important moments in your life or that of your community, I would love nothing more than to assist you in its design, planning and fulfillment. I am an ordained minister in the state of New York, and can work with you to realize ceremonial events of any size. Rates differ based on level of involvement — I can help you with any official paperwork, of course, for legal marriages, but I’m also dedicated to working with all sorts of radical kinship formations, and as a nonbinary queer person I am especially drawn to working with those in the queer community in creating new, beautiful language, ritual meaning, and ceremonial spaces together.
- If you aren’t already familiar, I encourage you to explore the community publications, peer learning platform, open resources and projects I’ve facilitated via The Operating System & Liminal Lab for the last decade. Much of my efforts have gone towards developing and continuing to evolve that organization, its web offerings, and platform during that time, so in many ways it stands as the best living archive of my visions for Speculative Solidarity (in this case, strategizing and activating commons and open tech strategy for creative practice, mutual aid, and resource sharing).
- A press kit with bios of various lengths and photos is available upon request.
- A great place to find me / where I regularly post updates of work / short videos and various Speculative Solidarities is on Instagram. Find and follow me at @thetroublewithbartleby.
- A full CV is available here.
- OTHER LINKS: An older, more “digital CV” formatted website still lives here. My original blog, The Trouble With Bartleby, which I started in 2003 and continued to add to regularly for around 15 years, is archived here. You can find a collection of recent posts for both the OS and personal projects on my Medium page. I also have a Soundcloud page, a YouTube channel, a twitter account, and a facebook account — all of which you’re welcome to follow. In the months ahead, I’ll be moving more and more of my archived projects and recordings onto these platforms for open access.